05 Sep An appeal to all teachers
On this day, Teachers Day, I remember fondly all those godly souls who shaped me the way I am and my heart fills up with gratitude for their selfless service.
I am also concerned and pained to see what is happening all around and would like to remind all dear teachers today to:
- Dedicate themselves to this noble profession by choice, not by chance
- Refrain from telling students to stop talking. They have stopped speaking in job interviews too.
- Enable students to listen more for personal growth just like speaking helps them in social growth.
- Ask students to be themselves, not just behave themselves.
- Show them the God within, not in the sky.
- Uphold their divinity when they challenge your smallness.
- Be ruthless with your compassion. They need to stay awake.
- Remember each student is a specially chosen inhabitant of this planet and there is no reason to favor one above the other.
- Educate them so that they learn to learn. From life, with humility.
- Mould the clay of human promise with care, lest it carries cracks and contaminants for ever.